Junior League of Kingsport Mini-Grants Program
The Junior League of Kingsport (JLK) Mini-Grants program is designed to meet an immediate, specific need within the community. It also allows JLK to extend its service to the community by supporting other non-profit agencies with similar focus areas.
Mini-Grant requests that serve a need within the following focus areas will be given consideration: (1) developing the potential of women and (2) promoting educational opportunities for children and youth. Please read carefully the following guidelines to qualify your application:
1. Applicants must have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS or be within an agency with 501(c)(3) status.
2. Requests WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THE FOLLOWING: fundraising drives, building fund or capital campaigns, individual or religious projects, or to cover administrative expenses
3. A Mini-Grant application must be completed and include the required supportive materials/documents before the grant may be considered.
4. Applications are considered individually on an annual basis. Prior receipt of a JLK Mini-Grant will be taken into consideration.
5. Current Junior League of Kingsport projects, or projects being considered by JLK for the following year, are ineligible.
6. When a Mini-Grant is awarded, the applicant must sign a contract with JLK, which includes a requirement for recognition of Junior League of Kingsport.
7. Mini-Grants recipients are required to return an evaluation form detailing use of the Mini-Grants funds within 9 months of the date awarded.