2017-2018 Mini-Grant Application Information
Thank you for your interest in the Junior League of Kingsport’s Mini-Grant program. The JLK Mini-Grant program is designed to meet an immediate, specific need within the community. It also allows the Junior League of Kingsport to extend its service to the community by supporting other non-profit agencies with similar focus areas.
Mini-Grant requests that serve a need within the following focus areas will be given consideration: (1) developing the potential of women and (2) promoting educational opportunities for children and youth. Please read carefully the following guidelines to qualify your application:
- Applicants must have a 501 (c)(3) status with the IRS or be within an agency with 501 (c)(3) status. Maximum award total from JLK is $1,700.
- Requests WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THE FOLLOWING: Fundraising drives, building fund or capital campaigns, individual or religious projects, or to cover administrative expenses.
- A Mini-Grant application must be completed and include the required supporting materials/documents before the grant may be considered.
- Applications are considered individually on an annual basis. Prior receipt of a JLK Mini-Grant will be taken into consideration.
- Current Junior League of Kingsport projects, or projects being considered by JLK for the following year, are ineligible.
- When a Mini-Grant is awarded, the applicant must sign a contract with JLK, which includes a requirement for recognition of Junior League of Kingsport.
- Mini-Grant recipients will be asked to provide photos and/or feedback to share with the larger community.
Please download the Excel version of the application and return to including all supporting information in the attachments. If you prefer to mail in your response, please print and RETURN FIVE COPIES of the completed application, including copies of the required supporting materials and documents to Junior League of Kingsport Headquarters. The mailing address is 418 Shelby Street, Kingsport, TN 37660.
Applications must be postmarked or received in person or via e-mail by Monday, September 11, 2017 at noon. Distribution of Mini-Grants awarded will be made in January 2018.
Junior League of Kingsport Mini-Grant Program Chair, 2017-2018